High blood pressure, or hypertension, rarely has noticeable symptoms. But if untreated, it increases your risk of serious problems such as heart attacks and strokes. You probably have high blood pressure (hypertension) if your blood pressure readings are consistently 140 over 90, or higher, over a number of weeks.
We can also control it with simple natural remedies.
• Lemon: Lemons help keep blood vessels soft and pliable and by removing any rigidity, high blood pressure will be reduced
• Watermelon seeds: which helps widen the blood capillaries. At the same time, it also helps improve kidney functioning. This in turn reduces blood pressure levels
• Honey: Honey has traditionally been used in folk medicine to lower blood pressure naturally.
• Onion juice: Onions have long been regarded as an effective natural remedy for high blood pressure.
• Garlic: Both raw and cooked garlic help control high blood pressure and at the same time reduce cholesterol levels.
• Banana: Bananas are one fruit that people with high blood pressure can eat regularly to control it. Bananas are a rich source of potassium, which lessens the effect of sodium
• Coconut water: Coconut water is a good source of potassium, magnesium and vitamin C, helps to lower systolic blood pressure. For best results, try to drink coconut water at least thrice a day.